Menu

Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Lunch in Murthal India

Off the beaten path, Murthal is an hour and half away from New Delhi, with some light traffic. Its in the intersection of major highways going to West towards Punjab or North towards Kashmir. With this busy highway several Dhabbas have sprung open, Dhabba is a roadside eatery in India. Some of them are very fancy restaurants. And they are packed, with literally thousands of people if you go on a holiday like I did.

The first place I went to was Amrik Sukhdev, the restaurant was packed and wait was hours.





Then I went to Haveli, Vegetarian Punjabi food





Was able to dine-in, I ordered a Amritsari thali, delicious and oily. They use ghee.

After lunch I headed back to Delhi, Murthal is more of a local Indian eating destination.

The drive back is scenic with mustard Green growing on farms along the highway.




Brick making factory along the freeway, picture above

No comments :

Post a Comment