Menu

Saturday, January 9, 2016

Taking Photos of People When Travelling

People photography while travelling, the one rule to follow is always ask for permission. Try to be different.

Fairly frequently, you'll get a yes, in some places you might be expect to pay, the picture below I took of a local Man outside a rock-hewn church, lalibela Ethiopia, he sure didn't ask for anything, though he did appreciate the money I gave him.


Below a Nihang Sikh, I politely asked him if I could take his picture

More on Nihang Sikhs https://www.sikhiwiki.org/index.php/Nihang



Below while visiting a metal polisher in Istanbul Turkey,  A picture opportunity.



A lady selling Bird Seed Turkey, She didn't want to look at the Camera, though she smiled



Below Inside step pyramid in Egypt, the Gentleman had interesting stories to tell



Below A Sadhu in India


sadhu

Below A woman in Cambodia, she laughed when I asked if I could take her picture






































Below Men in Rajasthan India




Happy travels!

My gear Sony NEX Camera

Sony NEX-5TL Mirrorless Digital Camera with 16-50mm Power Zoom Lens

What Camera is in your backpack?

2 comments :

  1. I love your photos! Sometimes I am too shy to ask for permission and instead just don't take a photo even though I very much want to. I will man up and ask next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The procedure turns out to be much more repetitive on the off chance that you are going with children.
    click site

    ReplyDelete